The wrong use of Extension Cords will be the cause of Short Circuits, Overloading and possible result in Fire.
Octopus connection refers to plugging many gadgets and appliances to a single extension wire, not minding if the cord can with stand the load needed to pass on the power.
In fact, extension cords with loose connections exacerbate the problem as it can cause sparks which cause power surges and can hasten cord overloading.
1. Avoid linking extension cords to another extension cord. (OCTOPUS connection)
2. Extension cords will only be used as temporary solution and are not suitable for use on appliances that already have wattage like microwave Oven, refrigerators and other things similar to this.
3. Avoid stacking and many appliances or decrease equity to the extention cord especially with wattage.
4. Don’t put extension cords under the carpet, ceiling or in a place where the heat can’t fade. It is possible that this will cause a fire.
5. Make sure the extension cords are smooth.. (when you don’t use it)